Sunday, January 24, 2010

Pandora is basically a Local Area Network



Finally got a chance to watch the acclaimed film "Avatar" and here are some of my thoughts:

1. Saw it on IMAX 3D and there's only one fitting reaction and I'm going with one of the reactions mentioned in the James Cameron interview in Attack of the Show which goes like this:

"Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude..."

*ahem*

I can tell you that you've never seen anything like it before.

2. Pandora is a planet where the biosphere is essentially one big internet: creatures come with their own USB ports, the native population have their own USB/LAN cables attached to their bodies, trees are servers, and their nature deity issues orders through wifi...duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude...

3. the visuals are awesome; the story -- well -- is familiar. People have made (unkind) comparisons to Dances with Wolves, Pocahontas, and even Fern Gully!

4. There was this one scene where Jake Sully (or Jake Sooli) is making this big speech to rally the Na'vi. In one sentence I caught the phrase "...this is..." and I went "Sparta?" while chuckling to myself.

5. How the hell do Na'vis f*ck? One animator decides to speculate...



6. I want my own flying dragon -- thing -- whatever that was!

7. I didn't want to return the 3D glasses when it was all over. For the money I paid I decided to wear it until the exit, refusing to take it off with my own hands -- I actually leaned over to the usher so he could pluck the glasses off my face.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

One such are the designer bags from top brands that usually don’t come in affordable rate. dior outlet Moreover, buying the most appropriate one with high quality and goes well with the personality is the most important thing to consider. replica handbags sale If you didn’t one which you are looking for, then you can switch over to the other website and continue with your search. fake chanel handbags Checking Reviews: Perhaps this is the initial thing you will do before you purchase cheap purses online. Be it the branded one or local company, reading reviews the bag and also about the website is important. Check out quality, material of the bag. Then check out the trustworthiness of the website selling the bag. replica chanel If you are confident enough with the website and the product, then you can try to purchase one. rolex replica Cheap is not Always Cheap: Many buyers would not try to purchase purses having cheaper price by carrying perception that low price product isn’t of good quality.