Tuesday, July 3, 2007

NEXT INSTALLMENT

OK here goes...updates from the previous week, Enjoy!

Transformers!


watched the movie at SM Mall of Asia and boy was I impressed! Growing up watching the Autobots and Decepticons duking it out on the television screen, I had many expectations about the live-action/CG film version of the cartoon series. And the film made good in its effort to bring the cartoon series into a whole new generation of kids and young adults (read: potential buyers of merchandise), and the liberties that they had taken with the original storyline was, on my part, bearable. If i were a sourpuss I would've screamed indignation that Bumblebee was supposed to be a Volkswagen, where the hell was the spaceship stuck in the side of the mountain that was supposed to be the homebase of the the Autobots, Megatron was supposed to turn into a gun not into - whatever the hell that was; and where the hell are the OTHER Transformers (the one that turns into a Space Shuttle, the female Autobot that turns into a motorcycle, the Oriental looking robot, the weird "pod-like" robots that had multiple faces...anyway may sequel pa man ah) Hahaha just recalling how much I remember...anyway, really had a great time and I felt like a child again. Seeing and hearing Optimus Prime (BTW, the voice actor for Optimus Prime was the original voice actor from the series and the 80's cartoon movie) gave me goosebumps...liked the scene where Bumblebee was helping Sam Witwicky pick up the gorgeous girl ("Baby come back!")...laughed out loud during the scene the Autobots were playing hide and seek with Sam's parents...laughed at the references to "lubrication"...and loved/hated the small imp-like robot that turns into a CD player. The action sequences were AWESOME and the rendering of the robots were EXQUISITE. hope Dreamworks doesn't mess up the sequel...hulat naman ta mga three years for the next installment, hopefully!


106/110

That's my score in the map test for Kas 112. Wohoooooo!!!


P? N? P/N?

the choices in Prof Diokno's test. I was so confused and mentally exhausted that I went for a walk around Palma Hall after passing my paper. Even worse, I confused inductive with deductive during the second part of the test. hahaha, hope I get a decent score on this test, although I think Prof will chew my hide with the "deductive" mishap. God help me...


I.D.!!!!

may I.D. na po ako! Just took a few minutes to process the I.D. and there it was crisp, new and mainit-init pa. Although I was mildly irritated with the two guys who were before me having the I.D. pics taken. Daw malingaw ka man tani because they were doing unique poses para astig kuno kuha nila...but this second guy took about 5 minutes just posing...he was conscious of a birthmark on his face that he tried to cover up by doing a "Mr Pogi" pose (with the hand on the face at may pakindat-kindat pa!) Putang-ina, maraming tao ang naghihintay and just because you're insecure about your face doesn't mean you'll have to delay the rest of us. And so he finally finished, in the pic his birthmark could still be seen (wala namang masama sa birthmark, you'll have to own all aspects of you di ba? after all it makes you, YOU...hehe)

i have to admit that I had no idea that our pics would be taken again by a digital cam because the Registrar required us to pass a 2x2 pic so I thought that they would be scanning it. so in my official ID pic, the shirt I was wearing is not really appropriate for an ID picture. Good thing the background's orange for graduate students, for had it been red for undergrads, I would've been a disembodied head floating in blood. hehehe...

Stand Alone 1.06

No comments: