Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Ang Pagbalik/Ang Pagbabalik/The Return

OK, so the title is a bit OA. hahaha since I consider this a special post, i'm presenting the title in the three languages (or is it two languages and one dialect?) that I know.

After more than six months, I am once again HOME. It took a while to get adjusted again to the comforts of home, though. After having been acclimated to the cramped conditions at the boarding house, for the first time I felt out of place in my own house. Daw nanibag-o ko di sa Bacolod...but given a few days, I'll be getting my groove back again hehehe...

I didn't realize that I missed my family terribly. Seeing them again was a welcome relief from the mostly anonymous and casual faces that I see on campus (except for the relatives I see here in Manila, which is not often -- except for pebi, that is).
The welcome onslaught (as in sa airport terminal pa lang non-stop na ang wakal-- English pa na) of my nephew Brian was like a breath of fresh air to me, along with my sister-in-law Nang Jen and my niece Irene. And of course...the dynamic duo of Mama and Diding hahahaha

I'm Home...and I get to hear and speak Hiligaynon again. Ma-miss mo man gale ang makahambal Ilonggo nga dire-diretso...Now I get to watch TV non-stop (though I found that several months of going cold-turkey on TV viewing made me a bit disinterested wih cable TV now. But anyway there's still enough time to "re-learn" the habit)...Now I get to take a break from the challenges of academics and enjoy this respite from the pressure of research works, readings, exams, lectures...for now, the "stand alone complex" will be a thing of the past...

This few weeks will be another adventure for me...and I'm just getting started...

Stand Alone 1.15

No comments: