Friday, October 19, 2007

That Old Familiar Feeling...Part 2

where was I? Oh yes...

"SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIR!!!!!"

and so for the next few minutes I felt like a moviestar, a politician, and a member of the royalty -- waving to adoring fans left and right. hahahaha to tell you frankly i found the situation very awkward. while the freshmen had no inkling who i was, the other upperclass students were waving and greeting me with "Sir!". Some of them were caught a bit off guard by my sudden presence and didn't know how to react (though I was going to find out later on).

and so i made my way inside the office and was greeted by a surprised staff who were glad to welcome me back. It seems that I hadn't left UNO-R when I was greeted by my old colleagues and mentors.

One reaction stood out among the others. While others were going "Welcome back!" or "Kamusta ka na?" or "Grabe, naglain na gid hitsura mo" or "Nga-a naglaba buhok mo?"; Raylyn took one look at me and went "Ngeeeeeeeeh!"

hahahahahahahaha...the reaction was so her...

The first few hours were spent chatting with the faculty, which was once in a while interrupted by another hugs-and-kisses greeting from another faculty member who had just come in. It felt nice to see familiar faces and be in a familiar location. Everybody was busy because exams were coming next week -- the busy atmosphere was something I could relate to, a familiar feeling that I didn't realize I miss...

It wasn't long before I got to see Alon and Gracie again. and both their reactions were WEIRD...Alon didn't recognize me for a second and I was standing right next to her...Grace gave a curt "Hi, Mike" like I hadn't left the High School for six months. hahahaha the difference a few inches of hair could do....

But after the initial weirdness, we got down to business. all the "Kamusta" and the old friendly banter ensued, then the ladies had to excuse themselves for they had classes or other business to attend to. Sige lang 'ga, kadto na to sa klase mo..." or in Grace's case "Lakat na 'to kay manakop ka pa late!"

As for me, I had some unfinished business to settle with Sir Harry. And the rest of the morning was spent poring over the pages of the yearbook graduate profile drafts...here I am at the High School office, being my usual busy self.

Parang walang nagbago...

TO BE CONTINUED

Stand Alone 1.17

No comments: