Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Neeeeeeeerds!

Just got back from my Anthro Theories class and I realized that my seatmates are nerds!

This all started when Liza, one of my classmates brought in a book on philosophy and Battlestar Galactica last week. My eyes automatically fixed on the thick BSG book and I kept stealing glances throughout the lecture. We struck up a conversation and she told me that someone told her about watching The Wizard of Oz while playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon. I told her that I'd give her a copy of the Pink Floyd album. I also borrowed her Anthro theory book - studies muna before BSG hehe

This week, we got around to discussing BSG episodes and Arnel joined in on our conversation. It turns out Arnel is also a Scifi series fan - having watched Star Trek TNG, Star Trek Voyager, and (unbelievably) Enterprise. And (more unbelievable for me) he liked Enterprise! WTF!? hahaha

I also found out that Arnel also watched the other Scifi series I watched: Babylon 5, Farscape, and *gasp* Earth: Final Conflict!

Earth fucking Final Conflict! And I thought I was the only one in this archipelago...

We are going to have a one week break from Anthro but I can't wait for next meeting...Liza told me she'd be on a BSG marathon and Arnel said he'd buy the DVDs in Quiapo. This is going to be one interesting discussion next meeting...

No comments: