Saturday, August 1, 2009

Rock Me Amadeus!



Just watched Adventureland starring Jesse Eisenberg and *gasp* Kristen Stewart of Twilight notoriety.

I liked the film. I liked Stewart and Eisenberg's acting in this movie. And I LOVED the soundtrack.

I was playing "Name that Tune" throughout the movie and I think I managed to get 4 out of 12 right. The movie featured songs from Lou Reed, JOurney, David Bowie, The Jesus and Mary Chain (interesting choice of "Taste of Cindy") and *gasp* The Outfield! I haven't heard The Outfield since I was in elementary mainly due to my cousins' tapes that were blasting from our old stereo - este - cassette player pala, to be more specific. The post title is the song by Falco which kept playing over and over during the movie, much to the lead character's chagrin. Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Amadeus! Rock me Amadeus!

Just the right dose of humor, drama and nostalgia. Let's party like it's the 80s!

No comments: