Sunday, September 6, 2009

You Are What You Read

I'm still not finished with Lovecraft's Necronomicon but I find myself saddled with a number of additional books. Sale kasi sa Powerbooks so I just couldn't help myself...

A few days ago I bought Stephen Crane's The Red Badge of Courage and H. G. Well's The Time Machine. At 50% discount these were amazing finds. A weird scene unfolded when I was about to cash in my loot at the cash register: while I was gleefully handing in part of my allowance money for classic books devalued at half-price since apparently no one wants to buy them, the teenaged girl behind me was happily clutching a special edition Twilight book -- the one in the metal case that looks like a miniature version of lunchboxes we had in grade school. Oh, the irony...

Just today I bought America (the Book) by the writers of the Daily Show with Jon Stewart. I'm technically reading three books simultaneously.

No comments: