Wednesday, June 13, 2007

ABSENT SI PROF...

this statement summarizes my first day of school. There I was amongst my classmates eagerly awaiting the start of an enlightening day. The course was Kasaysayan 112 or Contemporary Philippine History...the minutes went by...10 minutes...15 minutes...

Good thing I had my MP3 player with me...and so Massive Attack's "Inertia Creeps" was the soundtrack to this period of waiting...20 minutes...

daw absent si Prof haw...bathroom break ta anay...

and so off i went in search for a bathroom. I was on the heels of a young lady who's my classmate as she declared she had to go "freshen up" a minute before I felt the familiar urgings of my hyperactive bladder

OK, so here it is the CR marked "MEN", and in I went...

The first person I saw inside was the young lady from my class...

Wait a minute...oh...oooookay...it turns out the CR was indeed for men...

Returning to the confines of the classroom, the masses were stirring for an uprising...gapanghagad na sila gwa kay absent gid si Prof...

sounds good to me...

and so my first day of class was spent not in the classroom eagerly absorbing knowledge but at Greenhills Shopping Center searching for DVD's and PC accessories...

Damn, I was looking forward to a day of learning, not another episode of lakwatsa in Manila. Hope that my next two subjects on Thursday would provide a challenge for me so that I wouldn't be wasting my time going around searching for another mall to raid.

Pero at least I had DVD's of Ghost in the Shell: Innocence and Shadowskill...hehehe

I am so looking forward to learning and researching and burying myself in books, books, books. I certainly hope Thursday will be the real start of my student life...

By the way, hope you all had a meaningful Independence Day...

Stand Alone 1.03

No comments: