Saturday, June 16, 2007

Poetic Justice!!!!

and so classes were in full swing starting Thursday. Absent si Prof (the other one) but her assigned readings were more than enough to make her presence felt. Imagine...we have to read TEN books in preparation for next week's discussion. waaaaah....

and so the next few days were spent inside the Library poring over books on Philosophy of History and Historiography...galingin ulo ko...

but the readings were very informative...finally I had a glimpse of the development of history through the centuries and why history is necessary (or not...) I also had the chance to reacquiant myself with my old friends G.W.F. Hegel and Arnold Toynbee. Like my teacher in La Salle used to ask us, "You know Hegel?" (now I know).

And also I got to know the other great minds behind the development of the philosophy of history like Giambattista Vico, Leopold Von Ranke, Voltaire and of course si lolo Karl Marx; and then there's this other group...the so-called Annales (daw may pagkabastos ang ngalan pro French ni sila hehe).

this is exactly what I wanted, I am feeling once again this great desire to learn because I feel that I still have to learn so much. I am definitely looking forward to the lectures of Prof Diokno next week.

And then there's Kas 112. Prof finally appeared and he seemed to be a nice, easy-going fellow. But the requirements were also killer: a LOT of readings, an interview with matching paper and supporting documents, and finally a research paper. Hay naku, mapapalaban tayo!

But one thing popped out of the requirements...MAP TEST! Yes, ladies and gents, Prof Dante will give a Map Exam to test our knowledge of Philippine Geography.

And to think that I was doing this to all the Freshmen students I am teaching during the First Grading! I was laughing when I heard that Prof Dante will be giving this to us. Now it's my turn to suffer having to memorize and fill out the items in the Map Exam! Now the teacher becomes the student! POETIC JUSTICE! hahahaha!

To all my former students that I harassed and who suffered the dreary task of memorizing the Philippine Map, wish me luck! hehehe ; )

Stand Alone 1.04

4 comments:

owatern gancha said...

map palang na sir la pa da ang dates kag wierd names nga gin pamemorize mo..lol..gud luk ah!
enjoy..wEEEEEEEEEEEEEeeeee!!!!

vinceee said...

agree ko kay philip!!!
hehehe...
wohoo!!!
enjoy mo na lng ang experience mo sir!!!
grabe bah!!!
from student
to teacher
and to student again
wohoo!!!
ubusa danay raid tanan nga malls..
kay basi sir
ka-on na lng kg pag kadto sa cr ang extra tym mo!!!
hehehe...
GOD BLESS!!!
AND GOOD LUCK!!!

sonofaditch said...

hahaha...thanks for dropping by guys. Namemorize ko na ang map sang Pilipinas. Hope next week's exam will be EASY (easy na ah!)Three years of doing this, this'll be a piece of cake hehehe

goodluck in your first few weeks of classes kag tuon kamo mayo ha...

pebi said...

tama yan!!!let's all call karl marx lolo...yeboi!!!