Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Goodbye...Solzhenitsyn

bwisit na cashier's office, di tumatanggap ng payments for enrolment. Next week pa raw. E di wala na akong pambayad nyan! Joke! hehehe

Off I went to Orange to blow of some steam. Blasted oversized scorpions in The Forgotten Ruin, displacing my ire at the accounting office of UP. Naka-level up na, nakapagrelease pa ng kinikimkim na asar. Win-win scenario 'di ba?

Next stop was the budget bookstore at Trinoma to snatch Solzhenitsyn's Gulag Archipelago from their shelves. This book I found last Monday while sifting through their stacks. Since I did not have my budget ready that time, I discretely placed the book at the back of the display shelves, hiding it behind some obscure titles.

It seems my tactic failed. Solzhenitsyn was nowhere to be found when I came back to the shelves.

Nyeta.

OK lang...bawi naman ako sa binili kong comic book. Julius Villanueva's Life in Progress. I can relate to the general nerdiness. Plus na feature ang Wilco, Sonic Youth at Nine Inch Nails sa mga T-shirts ng mga characters, especially Zeke. haha. Maraming references to comic books such as John Constantine, Spiderman, Green Lantern, The Hulk, Batman, Calvin and Hobbes, Peanuts, Archie, atbp. There was even mention of Soylent Green. Rakenrol!

O Siya, gawa pa ako paper. Babasahin ko pa si Mitrokhin, baka ipagpatuloy ko ulit si Dostoevsky, next time na lang yan si Solzhenitsyn. Whew!

No comments: