Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Susan Boyle for 2009!

Don't know who this amazing lady is? Check out the youtube vid of her performance on "Britain's Got Talent"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luRmM1J1sfg

The female judge had it right, we have grown so cynical and shallow that we would easily dismiss people who do not fit our profile of talented (which includes 'attractive', among other things). Watch the initial reaction of the crowd to her as she stepped onstage. I myself dismissed her as just some fluke. But once she started singing...Oh...My...God...

This was a breath of fresh air. I have been viewing this vid for hours on end and it still gives me goosebumps. In this sh*tty world of ours, it is the rarest of delights to see a person reach for his/her dream despite the odds. Susan Boyle's moment reminds us of the power of dreams, as well as reminding us of how quickly we can judge a book by its cover. A truly humbling and wonderful experience for me.

Her song was very, very fitting for her. I wish her all the best in the competition. God bless you, Susan.

No comments: