Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Sa Sulod sg Gym

I guess I already mentioned here somewhere that I often go to the UP gym for my exercise and weight training (often na subong kay during the 1st few months of the previous sem regular pa to hehe)

I always try to squeeze into my busy sked a visit to the gym. It may be due to the fact that my time in the gym is a welcome break from the monotony of the library and a deserved rest for my myopic eyes. Plus since I enrolled in the gym and after doing the prescribed program for a few weeks, I can say that there are results...no it's not what you think...wala pa ko abs kag pecs nga pang-model hehe. At the least my "often" visits in the gym has helped me avoid gaining too much weight from all the greasy stuff I have been consuming. In fact I think I haven't gained weight since I got here in manila.

Today was one of the "often" visit days to the gym. I entered the gym(more like descended into the basement, because that's where the gym is located)to find the place jam-packed with people. Sus! Inagaway naman ni sa gym equipment haha

It has been a habit for some of the regulars to play their music for all to hear in the gym while they're going about their routine. This one guy had this mp3 player that he could "tune into" the player in the gym. Oftentimes the music would be from various genres (would you believe kis-a may jazz concert pa nga nagatukar sa gym? hahahaha) Often times I would find the songs not to my liking but they're still tolerable enough that I would remain and finish my workout. Tutal wala man ko nagkadto sa gym para mamati music di ba? hehe

But this afternoon I found myself pleasantly surprised that the songs that were playing were suited to MY generation...

I shall go about detailing the songs for each exercise I was performing (sorry if i can't remember the names of the exercises too well):

1. squats - the song playing was "wonderwall" by oasis
2. leg extentions and bends (?) - would you believe that tori amos' "sleep with butterflies" was playing -- I was impressed!
3. pectoral fly (dumb bells) -- now this is what blew me away...the familiar drum intro (the sound of drumsticks tapping) the unmistakable bass rhythm...that voice...HOLY SYET! IT WAS THE SMASHING PUMPKINS AND THEY'RE PLAYING "1979"!!!!!!

wohoooooooo! I felt so happy I felt I could benchpress 100 lbs! Without any care in the world, unmindful of the sweaty strangers milling around the gym -- I was singing my heart out...

Shakedown 1979, cool kids never have the time
On a livewire right up off the street you and I should meet


I didn't think that my voice was that loud but still I wasn't ashamed of what I was doing -- laterally lifting two 12.5 lbs dumb bells while going on about

June bug skipping like a stone
With the headlights pointing at the dawn
We're not sure we'd never see an end to it all...


And the most awaited part, no holds-barred kag gin-career ang pagkanta...I was singing in my best billy-corgan voice hehe:

And IIIIIIIIIIII don't even care to shake these zipper blues
And we don't know
Just where our bones will REEEEEEEEEEST to dust I guess
Forgotten and Abso-horbed to the earth - below...


hahahaha I have never been happier and lost in nostalgia...Thank God I went to the gym kanina!

other songs that were played and exercises done:
Bench Press -- "Crash Into Me" by Dave Matthews Band
Lateral Pull (?) -- "Breathe" by The Prodigy

...And I think I heard a Pearl Jam song and another by Incubus...couldn't figure out their titles though

The only song nga daw bulilyaso was "Crazy" by Britney Spears but thank God nga ginbalhin dayon ang kanta after the chorus *whew*



Stand Alone 1.26

No comments: