Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Naipasa Na!

Finally! My Kas 226 term paper has found its way into the hallowed hands of Prof Ricardo Jose.

I was anxiously awaiting Prof Jose at the FC around noontime. I knew from an acquaintance that he has a Tuesday class at 1 PM but I was informed through text that they were already on their research break. But still, having waited this long to complete my paper I'd rather spend a few more minutes hanging around the halls than putting off my submission for another day. Ako mismo ang dapat bumigay kay Sir ng paper. Nakakahiya naman sa kanya. hehe

And arrive he did, punctual as always. Sir was all "Oh, kamusta ka na?" as if wala akong utang sa kanya hahaha. I handed my paper to him, apologized for the very long delay, made a short appeal for that other delayed paper ("Baka first sem na po sir, hehe"), and finally closed my case with "Kayo na po ang bahala dyan sir...thanks po" before sauntering off into the corridor.

Making my way outside the FC my inner voice was going like: "Sir Jose is reading my paper...Sir Jose IS reading my paper...oh sh*t, oh sh*t, oh sh*t..." I imagined him poring over the pages of my paper, mercilessly obliterating line after line with corrections, annotations and whatnot...

Or, he could've just set my paper aside. To be read sometime when he's not too busy. When he's no longer busy...then THAT'S the time that he'll obliterate my paper...

...more incoherent thoughts as I walked through Palma Hall...

When I got out of the Palma Hall lobby, I took a deep breath, exhaled, and imagined dropping all my Kas 226 anxieties and "mental baggage" on the AS Steps. That done, I proceeded to the library to continue working on my other term paper.

No comments: