Saturday, June 28, 2008

The Fast and the Furious...Reader

Been on the fast track since thursday. I have to prepare for a class report on Kas 205 and 226. Haven't heard from Dancing Prof about our research outline so I'm putting it at the back of my mind for now. What I am focusing on is my report on the Communist Party of the Philippines for Kas 205.

I've read Saulo. Kerkvliet I'm currently reading. I've read these guys before on Kas 112 so medyo na-memorize ko na ang ilang mga chapters nila hehe...

Next on the line is another Kerkvliet. that THICK thesis by a guy named Hoeksema (this one I'm dreading to read AGAIN). Simbulan (as per recommendation by a friend). Abaya (love this guy -- you can almost feel the anger rising from the pages). Then the biographies of the PKP and Huk personalities -- Crisanto Evangelista, the Lava brothers, Luis Taruc, Joma Sison (maybe,I'm thinking only Philippine Society and Revolution), I'm still trying to get a copy of Pedro Abad Santos' biography (nasa Pampanga raw?) and the PKP history written by one of the Lavas, Jesus I think...

It's a good thing I have sources here who can help me with tracking down elusive books on Philippine Communism (mga galamay, in short hehe). I don't expect to get (and read) them all. I'm giving myself this week for 205, then next week will be devoted to 226 -- this time the topic will be on preWW2 American policy in Asia.

Meron pang book review for my two MA courses...I haven't continued my initial readings for my Kas 205 term paper...wala pa akong maisip na topic for Kas 226...may research pa kay Dancing Prof...

At least I still have time to blog...hahahaha

No comments: