Sunday, February 10, 2008

So Far, So Good...

for now, my stress level's been significantly lowered since the deadline for our research paper has been extended until feb 21. Bait ni Ma'am ano? hehehe

Last Saturday I spent the whole day holed up in my room typing my research with a vengeance. So far, so good...I'm about 60% complete with my first draft...just one last chapter for the body, then the conclusion, then the bibliography. Will be back early tomorrow in the library to plug up some holes in my written draft but as I see it, my paper will be done either friday evening or saturday afternoon...

Since I have been a good boy this week... this afternoon I decided to treat myself to a break and watch a movie.

"SAW 4" sucks...

The whole movie was a big "blah" -- but before I explain let me give you a description of the movie first (spoiler-free I promise...)

para siyang prequel yet at the same time it presented a storyline simultaneous to the events that unfolded in "saw 3". There were a lot of references to the previous saw movies...plus a number of new characters were brought in, with some of the peripheral characters (READ: characters sa kilid-kilid) from the previous saw movies now given the spotlight.

But the "I wanna play a game" formula that was effective during the first three movies wore itself out quickly in saw 4. The traps were not too impressive in my opinion, and there simply wasn't too much gore -- you get the feeling that the movie was edited way too much so that it could be given the R-13 rating. Pero bilib ako kay Jigsaw, or in this case his OTHER accomplice, pinakyaw lahat ng videotapes, cassette tapes, at portable cassette players...plus may mga printed instruction cards pa...hanep sa preparation...

Tobin Bell and his character "Jigsaw", though dead (and naked -- you're treated to quite frankly an uncomfortable view of Jigsaw in all his [dead and naked] glory during the opening scenes of the movie) on the coroner's table, was the only interesting aspcet of the movie. But the flashback scenes involving him and his wife seemed rushed and perfunctory...parang nilagay lang just for the sake na merong backstory to explain Jigsaw's motivations...wala lang...for me, the attempt at evoking sympathy for Jigsaw was unsuccessful...I prefer to see him as a sadistic psychopath who masks his inner cravings to see people suffer with supposedly benevolent intentions...making people suffer because "it's for their own good" haha now that's neat...

All in all, I think the "Saw" franchise should've ended with saw 3. Saw 4 may be a much needed conclusion to Jigsaw's story, but it was a conclusion that could've been made much better. Anyway, may unrated DVD pa naman na lalabas so let's hope it comes out better in that format.

BTW, can't wait to watch "Meet the Spartans"...been watching the trailers and scenes at Youtube and I am LMFAO hahahaha maski moronic ang movie basta makatawa lang OK na!

No comments: