Thursday, November 13, 2008

Ginadumtan...parte dos

Ari pa gid isa gali...saw it a few weeks ago at Powerbooks Trinoma. I always leave bookstores with either a feeling of exhiliration or regret.

The Collected Plays of Euripides. I can't recall the exact title but it's a collection of the surviving tragedies written by Euripides. I am so looking forward to reading them again, especially Trojan Women - which in my opinion is the most tragic of all tragedies. If Sophocles' Oedipus Tyrannus is the "perfect" tragedy, then Trojan Women is the "tragic" tragedy. I remember reading it years ago...the raw emotions evoked by the play left me reeling. Basta, bumilib ako kay Euripides after reading Trojan Women.

But the book price was way beyond my capabiliy at this moment. It's the Moses Hadas translation so I know maganda ang pagkakatranslate nito.

I am dying to get my hands on this one since it would complete my collection of Greek dramatists. Aeschylus - present...Sophocles - present...Aristophanes - check...si Euripides na lang ang kulang.

Kung hahayaan ko lang ang sarili ko na bumili nang bumili nang libro baka mamatay ako sa gutom. hahahaha

Translating Pebi's maxim into la lengua espaƱola - "comprar un libro es mas importante que comer"...in short, libro muna bago lamon Ayos!

No comments: