Saturday, November 15, 2008

Quotable Quotes (?)

My Anthro Prof -- while he was introducing himself to the class and describing his academic background and interests:

"My MA Thesis was on the communist movement in the Cordillera region. I did 5 years of participant observation and research: four years with the communist movement, one year in jail."

My Span Prof -- he was letting us practice the jota sound, which is a 'nasty,' throaty sound (like clearing one's throat of phlegm) Span prof approached a classmate, who was clearly a member of El Federacion, and told him to demonstrate the sound for us, saying:

"Etong isang 'to...siguradong gamit na ang lalamunan nito..."

Span prof often would spew out some crude, but cute, jokes. He always has a caveat whenever he lets loose a few of his double entendres:

"Wholesome tayo...wholesome tayo..."

Coming from a guy who seem to be fixated with the word puerta...

Something that my former Kas Prof talked about in class actually helped me in my Span class. I was the only one who was able to answer the question: Donde esta en España La Nuestra Señora de la Macarena?

Buti na lang kinuwento ni Prof yung bakasyon niya sa Espanya...hehehe

No comments: