Wednesday, January 28, 2009

F*cking Amazing

The vocals in these songs are AMAAAAAAAZING! makapanindig-balahibo! Tang-ina! hahaha

1. "TROY" by Sinead O' Connor. This song just builds up its emotion until it comes crashing down like a sledgehammer. Bow tayo kay Sinead...bow...



2. "GRACE" by Jeff Buckley. Never thought a male vocalist could achieve such vocal heights until I listened to this song. Diyos ko...parang walang bukas ang hiyaw...



3. "INTO THE WEST" by Annie Lennox. Panalong combo: LOTR + Peter Jackson + Annie Lennox sings the theme song



4. "SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT" by Tori Amos. Now this is how you re-invent a rock classic. Golden rule when listening to Tori - never mind figuring out the lyrics, just listen to her sing and you'll understand...



5. "I GRIEVE" by Peter Gabriel. I already posted this song. and I'm posting it again. and I'm pretty sure I'll come up with another reason to post this song again and again. hehe




6. "I WANT TOMORROW" by ENYA. The Goddess herself...hay naku, if ever I learn to play the guitar eto yung isa sa mga guitar solo na gusto kong ma-master....kung sa panaginip lang...hay...



7. "PRIDE (IN THE NAME OF LOVE)" by U2...one moooooore in the name of looooooove!



8. "ALONE" by Heart. hahahaha from the 80s yata to? Celine Dion's version sucks. The original's the best! walang papantay sa hiyaw ng babae dito! those were the days of big hair, theatrical set-ups, air-guitar choregraphy (with guitar yan ha) and...what the f*ck is that horse doing there?!




O, kayo meron ba kayong fave songs na award-winning ang vocals? I'm not talking about "birit" factor only, mas bilib ako sa "evocative" na pagkanta. Wag na kayong mahiya...

No comments: