Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Hallelujah...

I have this song playing on my playlist and I'm looping it. Since my initial response to things I like is to conduct research on it...here's the evolution of the song via selected versions and their videos on youtube...

1. The original Hallelujah by Leonard Cohen the Great. 80s yata 'to...



2. K.D. Lang's version. Babae po siya mga kids hehehe



3. The late (as in dead) Jeff Buckley's version. The one I have on my playlist. IMHO the best of the lot.



His album "Grace" is highly recommended. Probably God heard this and decided to promote Buckley to immortal status...


4. Credit goes to Jessica Zafra's blog post for reminding me that I have Jeff Buckley's album in my laptop. Read it here And since she prefers John Cale's version...



The words "This song was written by Leonard Cohen" should be enough to catch one's attention. That is, if you know who Leonard Cohen is...

No comments: