Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Vacation Report Card

1. Played the role of "child minder" (sosyal na version ng yaya haha) to my pamangkins when they dropped by the house. If ever they would spend the night there, my room became the default kid center since my PC has a number of games that would serve to distract them for hours on end. Pwede nang tatakan ang mga noo ng mga kids ng "This Sleep-over was brought to you by...Blizzard and Microsoft Games..."

2. My long-delayed 226 report finally is on its way toward completion. Conclusion na lang ang kulang, atsaka footnotes. I can finally show my face to Prof. Jose very soon...

3. The last few days of my vacation was spent poring over readings for my classes. I finished Cesar Majul's Apolinario Mabini: Revolutionary. I thought that the book was my assigned reading for my book review. Turns out that it was another Mabini book by Majul - Mabini and the Philippine Revolution. So ang ending, magbabasa ulit ako! Hay buhay!

4. The Pasig Museum Project is gathering steam. I was able to keep myself abreast of the updates online despite the lack of internet connection at home. Meron namang internet cafe sa mga malls atsaka sa halos bawat sulok ng Bacolod City... Hope everything goes well in the following weeks...good luck na lang sa atin...

5. I finally knew who the Eva Fonda is...hahahahaha matagal na din akong di nakapanood ng TV...

6. TV programs I developed an "addiction" for during my vacation(NOT Eva Fonda!): Mythbusters (duh!), and Bull Run, a reality show/racing show/car show which featured several racing teams, their unique cars (one team had vintage Chevy, anothers had a Lamborghini, while another team had a vintage Oldsmobile that is one of ony a handful in the world), and a grueling race across several states in the U.S....may isang team na composed ng mga Fil-Americans...the eight-rayed sun design on their shirts was a giveaway. Plus they voluntarily pulled out of the race because of a death in the family - Pinoy nga sila...

No comments: