Friday, January 23, 2009

Places I Wouldn't Have Considered Visiting While Here in Manila but Did Because of The Damn Pasig Exhibit

Kung saan-saan ako nakakarating sa pag-aasikaso ng Pasig exhibit namin. Anyway, masaya naman ang biyahe at marami din akong natututunan at nakikita. This is additional experience to my ever-expanding knowledge of Manila's geography.

Here are the places I have been to since last week. Some of them I visited thrice and in one instance I went to two (very) separate places on the same day. Whew!

1. Cubao - truth be told, I dreaded setting foot on this place based on what I experienced in the MRT. Kadalasan, eto ang scenario: kung sasakay ka from North Station papuntang Taft, andaaaaaming sumasakay once you get to Cubao. Kung from Taft ka naman going North Station, andaaaaaming bumababa. Given na siksikan yung mga tao from both Taft and North Stations, isa lang ang conclusion -- andaaaaaami talagang tao sa Cubao. hahaha I've also heard that traffic is hell in this place. But I've been to Cubao thrice taking both the MRT and traveling by jeepney. Marami ngang tao, ergo marami ding malls. The malls/establishments I've been to (or passed by) in this area are:

Ali Mall - may magandang shop dito na nagbebenta ng pirated and hacked software. so far walang mintis yung Photoshop atsaka yung RPG na binili ko. And a book on the display window of National Bookstore seems to be beckoning to me...a Spanish Grammar book. Since Spanish naririnig ko siyang sumisigaw ng "compra me! compra me!".

Farmers' Plaza - just passing through, although nalibot ko yung mall...wala lang hehe

Gateway - dito yung talagang passing through lang...in fairness, malamig yung airconditioning nila compared sa ibang malls May libreng wi-fi daw sa foodcourt nila. Sosyal!

Araneta Center - sa harapan lang ako dumaan na para na ring mall sa dami ng kainan...may concert raw yung Fall Out Boy. If they sing their damned version of "Nothing Compares to U" again bobombahin ko yung Araneta! hahahaha joke lang! wala akong perang pang-concert no!

Shopwise - affordable daw ang products dito. I would agree since this is where I found the cheapest large print photo developing evah! Would you believe 11x14 goes for 100 pesos and 11x17 goes for 125 pesosesoses? matte paper na yan with photo tac pa ha...Amaaaazing.

SM Department Store - found picture frames that fit our required dimensions - and more importantly, also fit our small budget. hehe

2. Brgy Holy Spirit - along Commonwealth Avenue naman ito. walked the looooong stretch of AFP Road looking for a house number. Akala ko nag-ooffer sila ng frames pero photo panels lang pala. Professional-looking, versatile, durable, but NOT affordable. Babalik lang ako dun kung may budget kami na 5000 sa photo panels lang hehe

3. Pasig City - duh! I remember a poem by someone named Browning: "How often have I visited thee? Let me count the ways...by jeepney and bus and on the MRT I have ridden just to visit thee...have suffered through traffic most wretched...two hours from 9 to eleven to traverse the EDSA road...but I expect to visit thee again regularly...or at least, until the end of the month of February."

Bow. hahaha

4. UP Diliman - usually diretso ako sa office ni Sir Castro to follow-up a few things or report on my progress. Para akong Punong Ministro na humaharap sa Hari hahaha. The weird thing about my travels is that I never got lost in Cubao or in Holy Spirit, even in Pasig. Dito ako sa UP nawala sa kakahanap ng College of Fine Arts! hahahaha

Summary: So far so good. Hindi pa naman ako na-pickpocket, nahold-up, nasaksak, na-kidnap or na-rape sa kakagala ko sa Manila.

No comments: